Humans: Normally the base species by which all others are measured. This is for the simple reason that most of us are human in real life so its something we are familiar with.
- Men of Western fold - Closest to where elves were first seen these men had the closest friendships with elves in the times of peace. Now little communication is had between elves and other Species, however it was not always so. Much was learned from the elves and these men tend to be more intelligent, with a special talent for magic amongst humans.
- Bandrock - These humans have taken up living next to the Orcs and have as a result become fierce warriors out of necessity. There is little time for these men to learn any idle craft and very few of these men pursue anything other than War and all the trades bound to it. (You may not be a magic user with this race however craftspeople are permitted) These men tend to have a weathered look.
- Free Peoples - More or less a self declared colony these men consist of a melting pot of different races of man. They by far have the widest variety of features found within men. They tend to make very good merchants but beyond that have few great attributes. They are in fact quite plain in their extra skills. They are very accepting of others and in fact inhabit some of the few cities where other Species/Races co-exist behind the same walls.
Elves: A mysterious species with lives extending far beyond that of mortal men. Elves are typically as tall if not a little taller than men with chiseled youthful features. Personalities and interests vary greatly from one race to another, however all elves are magical creatures.
- Wood Elves - a wild race they are suspicious of all others and seldom venture out of the safety of the woods unless in great need. They are not able to study higher magic as they understand no magic not based solely in nature.
- High Elves - Descended from those who left the mortal world and came back. These elves are often held in high regard by their own people. They are often very intelligent and lean towards magic of either kind. However their experience through the centuries has also made them deadly in the art of war.
- Grey Elves - Isolated from the rest of the world in their grey wood the grey elves rarely communicate with anyone outside of their wood not even other elves. They are wary of all and understood by few. These elves can not play an evil specialization under any circumstances nor can their alignment be evil. Very magical, but they tend towards lower order magic. However no matter what their choice they gain certain abilities known only to the grey elves.
Halflings: If you have seen the Hobbit or Lord of the Rings you are familiar with these friendly creatures by the name of hobbits. Halflings are actually the species to which hobbits belong. However there is no "race" called hobbit. Hobbit is simply what they commonly refer to themselves as.
- Long Foots - living closer to the water than other halflings these halflings have no fear of water and are the only halflings to be able to swim. They are also leaner and taller than other halfings. They also have a particular aversion to wearing footwear, in fact they take a dexterity hit when wearing shoes.
- WedMath - A bit thicker in the waste then other halflings these small guys make the best tasting food around. A good choice if one wants to be a merchant for food. The only species/race which can learn other species specific food.
- Rethe - These halfings exhibit the shadier side of their species. They tend not to live among the main halfling cities as they are often banished. These halfings make excellent thief's
Dwarfs: For those of you who panicked when you did not see gnome on this list fear not. It is a common misconception that gnomes are a separate species in and of themselves. They are in fact a separate race of dwarfs. These guys are generally fairly tall though no more then 5' they are also generally no smaller than 4' (gnomes being the exception). Dwarfs can not study any magic but have an excellent resistance to magic as a result and also have a very fine resistance to disease from their naturally high constitution.
- Gonnhirrim (masters of stone) - These dwarfs make excellent warriors but have over time also learned to craft weapons and stone like no other. They are the only race that have found a way to shape mithril into weapons and are the only race that can learn racial armor of from others.
- Mahal - these dwarfs believe that they are the closest decendants from the one who made them. They are proud but look down on others as they are of lesser lineage. These dwarfs make fierce fighters and care little for anything which can not be taken by the end of a sword or ax.
- Gnomes - Commonly thought a species all to themselves they look much like your average dwarf but they average about two feet shorter than all other dwarven races. Much more social then the Mahal and gonnhirrim they have been known even to take up residence in other cities throughout the world. They have a gift for jewelry and mechanical tools.
Orcs: These poor souls were originally elves until they were turned dark by evil forces. They share many of the characteristics of elves but they lack the charisma and tend to be evil in nature.
- Sharku - The least akin to the elves these orcs are amongst the oldest and first turned. Their ways are far more foreign to that of their elvish ancestors than all other elves. Intelligence is not something that this race is known for however they are fierce warriors.
- Ashthang - These poor souls not only were tortured until they no longer even remotely resembled the creatures they once were they were fooled into believing that it was in fact elves that cast them out and made them what they are. Whether or not this is true is not actually known although it is not commonly believed. Because of this the ashthang have an intense hatred for elves unparalleled to that of other orcs and do not have dealings with other orcs as they feel they have the truth making them superior. They tend towards magic as they prefer to use their mind, a rare trait amongst evil races.
- Morash - Particularly dark in complexion, these orcs are referred to as the dark ones by other orcs. Abandoning nearly all physical endeavors they can not be any type of fighter. As a whole this race tends to turn its talents to making cruel devices. They have lost none of the elves magical abilities or intelligence. Their cunning makes some frightful traps and weapons.
Goblins: Corrupted dwarfs much like orcs once were a much kinder form. Evil torture has not been kind to them as they also suffer a charisma hit. These creatures however have the strength and constitution of dwarfs and share many of their traits
- Baradfas - Tallest of the goblins, these goblins have incredible strength and make a terrible foe. These goblins have a strong alliance with the Nazgfas. Like their ancestors no goblins are akin to magic.
- Nazgfas - The soul purpose for the nazgfas seems to be the acquisition of wealth whether it be through some craft or adventure. They have a keen skill with jewel craft, and any craft using precious metal. These beasts tend to be scrawny and hunched in posture.
- Baradash - These goblins are almost identical in stature and strength to the Baradfas, they are less of a race then they are a faction of the Baradfas. Although they do have the distinguishing trait of an absolute complete growth of hair that is unique to them. Due to some falling out many many years ago that baradash have long been at war with the Nazfas and Baradfas.
Trolls: Trolls are the corrupted version of treents and posses the strength of the earth as one of their main traits. However trolls are not typically terribly intelligent or wise. These creatures typically use means of brute force to achieve their ends. These creatures lack their own language and typically use elvish since it was the elves that taught their ancestors the treents how to speak in days of old.
- Mallorndur - these were once members of the great forest which the grey elves live in. They are slender in body and by far the weakest race of the trolls. They are also the most magical of the trolls. Magic still flows freely through their body.
- Barukbandur - Massive in size and strength, they receive their name from the fact that the treents from whom these creatures were originally given life were so massive that not even the sharpest dwarf ax would cut cleanly through. With skin like stone this is not someone you want mad with you. However they have many disadvantages like the inability to swim at all or use any mode of transportation be it horse or boat.
- Cave Troll - These trolls are originally of various types of treents however they loath themselves and wish to hide within caves. They come with varying degree of abilities and can be either fighter or magic user. They do not however like the light of day from the years of living in caves. Because they have lived most of their lives in caves though they need little food or water and are almost immune to the cold.